- Course Name
- Study Mode
365体育注册The Australian Institute of Fitness' Nutrition Coach course has been designed to empower fitness professionals to be better equipped to provide current nutrition information to clients within their scope of practice.
Using the latest evidence-based principles, students will learn nutrition for optimal health at every age, for weight management, and for performance and muscle growth.
There is a major focus on motivational coaching skills to better empower the client to make great nutrition choices within a fit and healthy lifestyle.
Learn to provide nutrition solutions for your clients through The Institute's Nutrition Coach course, and add to your revenue stream with your sound nutrition knowledge.
Nutrition Coach Course Students
- Fitness professionals who want their clients to make great nutrition choices through real, cutting-edge motivational coaching strategies
- Those who want to develop sound nutrition knowledge needed to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle
The Benefits of Our Nutrition Coach Course
With obesity rates in Australia climbing faster than anywhere else in the world, solutions are needed for real problems faced by clients who struggle to maintain healthy nutrition choices.
From day one, you will learn how to empower clients to change through real motivational coaching strategies using the latest, evidence-based nutritional principles and practices.
Our Nutrition Coaches
365体育注册The Australian Institute of Fitness' Nutrition Coach course has been developed by some of Australia’s leading Dietitians, and other highly qualified health and fitness experts.
All Coaches have relevant qualifications with specialised knowledge and skills in nutrition, as well as a teaching qualification.
Get started today
Call now on 1300 669 669 or
365体育注册"Offering nutrition guidance to my clients will allow me to provide a more holistic service, enabling them to make long-term changes."
Owner of BodyWorks Personal Training
To be eligible for this course, students must have a keen interest in nutrition, have a computer and internet access, and meet the Australian Institute of Fitness' acceptance criteria.
Training and Assessment
This course is offered online where students
will be implementing practical strategies
from day one. Assessment includes a
combination of online quizzes, case studies,
role plays and a video submission.
AREAS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
NUTRITION COACH - ONLINE
Module 1: Nutrition and coaching essentials for optimal health 365体育注册
- Purpose of food
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
- Food myths
- Religious differences
- Food groups
- Nutrient Reference Values
- Current state of Australians
- Read and interpret food labels
- Healthy cooking techniques
- Role and importance of supplements
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Identify specific needs of chronic disease
- Introduction to nutrition coaching
- Scope of practice
- Connect with your client
- Client's previous experiences
- Identify unhealthy behaviours
- Evaluate if client is ready for change
- Tailor your approach
Module 2: Nutrition and motivational change for weight management
- Obesity and body composition
- Healthy obesity
- Drivers of weight gain
- Energy balance
- Process of weight change
- Risks of rapid weight loss
- Guidelines for weight management
- Set successful nutrition goals
- Introduction to motivational interviewing
- Motivational interviewing in practice
- Recognise the impact of thoughts on behaviour
- Boost motivation for change
- Track nutrition change
- Structure a nutrition coaching session
- Roles and responsibilities
- Hunger and appetite
- Food addiction
- Stay accountable
- Weight loss diets
- Drugs and surgery for weight loss
- Understanding disordered eating
- Recognise impact on body image
Module 3: Nutrition for sports performance
- What is sports nutrition
- The importance of a balanced diet
- Role of protein
- Role of carbohydrates
- Importance of fluids, sweat and dehydration
- Meet nutrient requirements for active people
- Nutrition before, during and after performance
- Goal setting, training cycles
- Role of supplements